My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 10 June 2017

Patchwork Butterflies from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, I've been chasing my tail for the last few weeks, work seems to get busier and busier! Anyway this morning I'm sharing a project made using the lovely Patchwork Butterfly stamp set. I love these stamps, they are so versatile.


To make the necklace and earrings I stamped the largest butterfly and the smaller coordinating butterfly on shrink plastic using Gold Stazon ink. I coloured the back of the butterflies with alcohol markers and cut them out. I punched holes for the jump rings using a crop-o-dile using the largest punch as the hole will shrink when heated. I heated the butterflies to shrink them, the largest one was flattened with an acrylic block but I curled the wings of the smaller butterflies while they were still warm. I added some beads from my stash to complement the colours of the butterflies.


I recycled a gift box to put the little butterflies in. I covered the box with some paper that I'd coloured with dye inks and mica sprays, crumpled and left to dry. I highlighted the texture with gilding wax and added some stencilling with gold texture paste. The butterfly was stamped on acetate and embossed with gold.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Artistic Stampers: winged things
Creative Artiste: Anything mixed media goes
Dragonfly Dreams: add sparkle
Frillie and Funkie: Something old (recycled gift box)

Thanks for visiting today, have a lovely weekend
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This butterfly jewellery looks so beautiful... and the fact it is handmade and unique makes it a fab gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire. Your necklace and earrings are just gorgeous, love the colours you have used too. The box too is beautiful in its own right.
    Tried to comment on the Chocolate Baroque site but my computer wouldn't let me!!
    Happy crafting and best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project and the presentation box is stunning

    Thank you for joining our 'Embossing' Challenge at MAWTT

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely box as too are the pieces of jewelry. Thank you for sharing at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...